Rules - General Information
Baseball Showcase America, LLC gives high school kids from across the country a venue to showcase their skills and test themselves against teams from far and wide. Our main goals are education, exposure to colleges, and giving back to the community. We achieve this by providing exposure to college and MLB scouts at our events. While no one can guarantee kids will get offered a college scholarship or be taken in the MLB draft, we do guarantee they will be seen by college and/or MLB scouts at the 18u-16u levels.
Names you might recognize from past events are:
Nate Baez - ASU
Jose Dicochea Jr. - U of A (8th Round 2019)
Joey Cammarata - New Mexico State
Enrique Romero - Central AZ
Clark Candiotti - Saint Mary's
Kyle Kloeppel - University of Portland
Noah Burgarello - Utah
Nolan Gorman- 1st Round Pick 2018 MLB Draft
Johnny Ornelas - 3rd Round Pick 2018 MLB Draft
Trent Clark - 14th overall pick 2015 MLB draft
Jake Simon- Rice University/ 11th round Mets-2015 MLB Draft
Mark Knott- Phoenix College 2015
Zayne Mowen- Briar Cliff University 2015
Jeremy Griffith- Metro State University 2016
Emilio Griego- Presentation College 2014
Phillip Griego-Friends University 2016
9u-18u 2 day tournament 7 innings total
9u-18u 3 day tournament 8 innings total
9u-18u 4 day tournament 9 innings total
1. Umpires keep track of innings pitched on the official scorecard during the course of the game. Coaches verify and sign the score card at the end of the game. To file a complaint a coach must bring evidence of the player in question to a Baseball Showcase staff member. If a player is in violation of the innings pitch rule and the opposing coach has filed a complaint, the player in violation will have to be replaced on the mound.
1. Modified HS rules. 10 hitters allowed in line up. EH and DH (If you would like to bat more players, it must be approved between both coaches before start of game).
2. Pinch Runners (If team has no-subs, pinch runner must be last batted out.) If last batted is out is pitcher or catcher, it goes to 2nd to last batted out.
3. Wood bat or wood composite for 18u -15u division. 14u wood or drop 3 BBCOR. 13u-9u big barrel bats 2 3/4 and under are allowed. Any weight/length combination can be used in tournament play.
4. Game balls provided.
5. All teams will be expected to start play the first day of tournament. (If your team has a special request, please let us know at least one month prior to start of tournament.)
6. Please provide names for all coaches (3 coach limit per team).
7. If you team requires a hotel please contact
8. Team playoff ranking head to head / Wins / Losses / Runs Against / Runs Scored
*HTH All Play - Only rank teams if all tied teams have played all other tied teams.
The Head-To-Head Tie Breaker ranks teams by the number of wins against each team involved in the tie. To calculate the Head-To-Head Tie Breaker, list the teams who are tied, then total the number of wins each team has against each team involved in the tie. The team that has beaten the other teams involved in the tie the most is the winner. If the tied teams played each other more than one time then the team that has won more games against the other tied teams wins.
If two teams who are tied have not played each other but the Head-To-Head win loss records indicate a hierarchy with a "Dominant Team", then the dominant team wins the Head-To-Head Tie Breaker. (Example: Team A has beaten Team B in calculating the Head-To-Head Tie Breaker. Team C is also tied with A and B. If A has beaten C then A wins the tie breaker. If A has not played C but B has beaten C then A wins the tie breaker.)
In the above Dominant Team scenario, if A has not played C and C has beaten B then the Head-To-Head calculation can not be used. Also, if the tie breaker does not resolve the tie, then the next tie breaker in the Tie Breaker Order section list is used. If this is the last tie breaker in the list then the teams remain tied.
9. 18u-13u All pool games. No new inning will be started after 1hr 50min.
12u-9u Pool games. No new inning will be started after 1hr 35min.
10. Playoff games (After 1hr 50min time limit (18u-13u); 1hr 35min (12u-9u) games will go to California tie breaker format.)
11. Run rule: 15 runs after 3 innings / 10 runs after 4 innings/8 runs after 5 innings
12. Injury withdrawal: If a team is batting their full roster (10 or more players) and an injury occurs that removes a player from the game the teams line up will be condensed without penalty. If at any point the team’s roster drops below 9 players, an out will be incurred for the missing player.
13. Age cutoff: May 1st, 2018 and see grade age exceptions. 7th grade -13u ; 8th-14u ; 9th-15u ; 10th-16u ; 11th-17u;12th-18u
14. Dugouts - First come, first serve.
15. Inclement weather - In the case of inclement weather, 4 innings or over 1hour of game play will be considered a completed game.
16. Metal Spikes - Are allowed, except at Red Mountain Softball Complex.
What to Expect
1. Photos of live game play will be available online at baseballshowcase.org/photos or can be seen on our social media outlets
2. Live scouting reports with pitching velocities, pop times, times to first, and live game action will be available through the Baseball Showcase instagram, twitter, and facebook page.
3. Schedule will be available 4-5 days before tournament start date.
4. Gate admission, cash only: (18+ $5) (13-17 $3) (12 & Under Free). Players and up to 3 coaches will have free entry.
5. Bring plenty of water for players and anyone attending. Water jugs will not be in the dugouts. Snacks and coolers are allowed. Most fields have snack bars available as well.
Baseball Showcase does not offer refunds on rainouts or cancelled teams in a tournament. Refunds on Baseball Showcase tournaments will only be given if that tournament is cancelled by Baseball Showcase prior to the start of the tournament.
Rain Out Policy:
No games played. Baseball Showcase will keep 5% of team fee to cover administration costs. The remaining balance can be applied as a credit to a future Baseball Showcase tournament. Credit is valid up to one year from the rain out date.
1 game played: A 50% credit will be given to a future Baseball Showcase tournament. Credit is valid up to one year from the rain out date.
2 or more games played. No credit given.
Teams cancelling 15 or more days prior to tournament can receive a credit for a future tournament of equal or lesser value and are subject to a $100 change fee. Teams cancelling within 14 days of a tournament forfeit teams complete tournament fee, with no credit given.